Training for your Group
We get lots of requests to 'come and do some training' - many more than we can accept. We made this video some time ago with CAP UK - Christians Against Poverty - but the content is still valid.
Watch the full video: youtube.com/watch?v=GARYaLsz_X0
This video lasts for about an hour and has some places for you to pause it for group disucssion. You should also download the explanatory notes and group discussion questions that accompany it.
We want to say a big "Thank You" to Christians Against Poverty who filmed this video and have kindly allowed us [and you] to use it.
A suggested format for your training
Good events come with good planning and preparation. See our 'putting on your own event
Plan the event carefully, involving your church/group leadership
Set aside some time - an evening or half day is a good way to start, or run a Mental Health Sunday with a smaller event afterwards.
Welcome people and do some kind of ice breaker - don't ask anything too personal
Brainstorm - onto whiteboard or flipchart - what questions people have
Watch the video - there are two different resolutions you can download - HD 720px, HD 1080px. It last about an hour - plus any pauses for discussion.
Ask people to comment on whether their questions were answered and consider next steps.
Let us know when it is so we can help with our social media.
Other training we recommend
1) If you want to attend some training in person, we think the best providers are Mercy UK with their one-day MPower Training
which runs around the UK on a regular basis. They also have a workbook which can be used as a course - called 'Keys to Freedom
2) Sanctuary Mental Health offer a course to run in small groups and a number of other formats over 8 sessions - sanctuarymentalhealth.org/sanctuary-course/
3) Dr Kate Middleton has delivered a series of talks for Soul Survivor UK - you can watch them here: - THRIVE - five talks for Soul Survivor UK
4) Mental Health First Aid is a good course for your church to run if they want to really get skilled up as it runs like any other firstaid course - over several evenings or days. See MHFA England
, MHFA Scotland
, MHFA Ireland
5) Five Areas run a CBT-based and christian-informed course called Living Life To The Full With God
- we helped produde videos to support each session.
If you want to book a Mind and Soul Foundation Director for your event, see our speaker booking information. If you want to put on your own event, see our event/speaker resources. If you are looking for the old Mind and Soul Course it is here.